Thursday 13 March 2008

Variety is the spice of life


Wednesday
breakfast : scrambled eggs, green tea
lunch : sautéd turkey escalope with fennel spice rub, brown rice, carrots & peas, clementine
dinner : minestrone soup, 2 oatcakes & butter, soya yoghurt
Snack : 3 dried apricots & 6 brazil nuts

Thursday:
breakfast ; granola & rice milk, tea
lunch : brown rice with sautéd aubergine & mushrooms with tahini & soy dressing, soya yogurt
dinner : thai aubergine, potato & mushroom curry, apple
snack : 3 dried apricots & 6 brazil nuts

So, faithful readers (!) sorry about being a day behind. As you can see, today's diet was a little repetitive, but I was working, had not been shopping and noone else would have eaten up the leftover aubergine. I was inspired by Holler's blog 'Tinned Tomatoes' to make the thai curry and a very good combo it was too. However, photogenic it ain't! Hence my choice of a bowl of the minestrone for today's photo. If you are very good I might give you the recipe tomorrow.

Bet you can't sleep tonight....

2 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Glad you liked the recipe Basil! It sounds like you have been busy!

Basil said...

I'm happiest in the kitchen so I cook every day. It keeps me sane!